Friday, August 28, 2009

Likeable Qualities

Friday Five from Rev Gals....I Like Me!

Five things you like about yourself...

1. My hair...thick. strong, lots of it. Going gray...finally makes me look my age! Changes colors depending on how much time outside. Sometimes the subject of compliments. Had someone once ask me what number it was...assuming I dyed it. I answered 39. 39? Yep. It's how many years of living it took to get it looking this way!

2. My speaking voice. Gift of good voice genes and practice cultivating. Grandfather on Mom's side was in radio/television. Dad was in radio and has done event announcing. Mom is known for doing some taping/speaking too. It has allowed me to do much to be of service to others.

3. A capacity for language. Brings delight to me and has at times been helpful to others.

4. My okay-ness with my body. Was born short and chubby...going to die short and chubby. It's healthy and has served me well so far...and stayed proportionally the same for forever! Must be meant to be, I figure.

5. My intuitions about dynamics and how to understand/navigate them. Those nigglings have taught me much and served me well in the work environment and at home--even when they are wrong, there's a lesson to be learned.

3 comments:

altar ego said...

Navigating social dynamics is a great gift. And I love "#39!"

Di said...

This is a really great list-- thoughtful, and makes me want to know more about you!

ellbee said...

What a fun list! It's good that you can like things about your physical being. I think that's probably the hardest for us womenfolk...